INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect information from you in several different ways on this Site. One goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. For example, we can use your personal information to:
- help make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once
- help you quickly find information, products, and services
- help us create content that is most relevant to you
- alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer
Registration and Ordering
- Before using certain parts of the Site or ordering products, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address(es), phone number, email address, and credit card number. We may also ask you for your country of residence and/or your organization’s country of operation, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, we may ask for your gender. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and the Site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, your personal information may be used to contact you.
- Several locations of the Site permit you to enter your email address for purposes including, but not limited to the following: to register for a contest or sweepstakes; to request us to notify you of new brands, new product styles, or product sizes; or to sign up for email newsletters and special offers. Your participation in a contest or sweepstakes is completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to us. We use this information to notify contest and sweepstakes winners and to award prizes. We may post on the Site the names and cities of contest and sweepstakes winners. By entering a contest or sweepstakes, you may be opting in to receive our email newsletter and special offers and this will be disclosed in the official rules governing the contest or sweepstakes.
Cookies and Other Technology
- Like many sites, the Site employs cookies and web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or “action tags”) to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your Site usage.
- Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on the Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on the Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon. We may also use web beacons or cookies to allow us to record activity on our Site.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to help tailor Site content to users or to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited or what products are purchased and in what amount).
- Additionally we may use services on our site that collect information from you regarding your use of the site, such as pages visited, links clicked, non-sensitive text entered, and mouse movements, as well as information more commonly collected such as your IP address, referring URL, browser, operating system, cookie information, and Internet Service Provider. This information may in the aggregate identify you, however we will not identify you as you browse the web if you turn off cookies. If you wish to prevent all websites using a software known as FullStory to be able to record your activity, you can opt-out. Opting out will create a cookie that tells FullStory to turn off recording. The presence of this cookie is required to continue opting out, so if you clear your browser cookies, you will have to opt-out again.
- As is true of most web sites, the Site server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access the Site. We may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.)
- We will never knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If you are under 13 years old please do not provide your information on our website. If we become aware that an individual is under the age of 13 and has submitted any information to Stage 21 Bikes for any purpose without prior verifiable parental consent, we will delete his or her information from our files.
- You may choose to submit a product review. If you post a review, we will ask for your email address and geographic location. If you submit a review, your geographic location will be visible to other users (your email address will be kept private). Also, any personally identifiable information that you submit as part of the review can be read or used by other visitors to the Site. We are not responsible for any personally identifiable information that you choose to submit as part of your review. We believe you can post a helpful review without disclosing any personal information.
INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE
- We use your personal information to process your order and provide you with customer service. We may internally use your personal information to improve the Site’s content and layout, to improve outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to the Site. In order to facilitate such use and the other use described in this Section 2, we may share your information with affiliates under Stage 21bikes control.
Communications with You
- We will use your personal information to communicate with you about the Site and your orders and deliveries. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance.) Also, we may send emails for reasons such as to register for a contest or sweepstakes; to notify you of new brands, new product styles, or product sizes; or to sign up for email newsletters and special offers. If you submit your email address, we use it to deliver the information to you. We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see the opt out section, below, for more details). Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders.
- We want to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great selection. We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone other than to affiliates under Stage 21 Bikes control, except that:
- As do most catalog and Internet retailers, we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them to perform their service. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information. We partner with third parties (such as the U.S. Postal Service, United Parcel Service, and Federal Express) to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
- Similarly, to help you buy products and provide customer service to you, we must provide your credit card number to financial-services corporations such as credit-card processors and issuers. When we submit your credit card number for authorization, we use state-of-the-art data encryption to protect your information. (More on this below in Data Security.)
- We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
- We may publicly disclose the name, city, and state of the contest and sweepstakes winners.
- The Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through the Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate. For example, when you visit the Site, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment, behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall.